Bytebase Q3 2023 in Retrospect
Hello October! Only a few more months before the new year rings in, let's take a look back at what we've accomplished at Bytebase in the past three months.
- Bytebase officially crossed 1 Million downloads.
- Technology partnership with GitLab.
- How Bytebase helps a single DBA to work with 1000+ developers to adopt Database DevOps for a top EV Manufacturer.
- The MySQL and PostgreSQL Saga Series
- Side-by-side comparison between Bytebase and Liquibase, and Bytebase and Flyway.
Bytebase keeps up with the bi-weekly release cadence and released 7 versions.
- Snowflake: support Task, Stream objects, and data access control.
- Redshift: support datashare query, data access control, and data masking.
- SQL Server: additional SQL review rules.
- Oracle: Schema Sync.
- RisingWave: basic support.
Database Change Management
- Visual Schema Editor for MySQL.
- Git-like database Branching for MySQL.
- Run SQL Review checks without requiring a rollout.
- Search the entire Issue history by title/description/instance/database/issue type/date range/creator/assignee/subscriber.
- Use markdown format in the Issue comment section.
- Revamped database change UI.
- Session persistence in admin mode.
- Revamped SQL Editor UI.
- Data access control for query, export, and copy data.
- Dynamic Data Masking for MySQL, Postgres, TiDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB, and OceanBase.
- Enforce sign-in frequency.
- LDAP for SSO.
- Export Audit Logs.
- Schema Template with pre-defined columns and tables.
- More granular Instance-level license. Users can import all instances into Bytebase to manage, meanwhile, they can just purchase fewer instance licenses and assign them to a subset of instances requiring advanced features.
- Set up workspace-wide custom announcement banner.
We are still busy building several exciting features to be landed before the holiday season. See you in 3 months!