- You should be the Workspace Owner to be able to see the GitOps sidebar item and add Git Provider.
- You should be the admin of an organization in the GitHub Enterprise instance.
Step 1 - Setting up
Go to Settings from the top nav bar, select GitOps under Workspace, and then click Add a Git provider.
Both the instance URL and Display name are pre-populated for you.
Step 2 - OAuth application info
Step 2.1 - Register GitHub organization-wide OAuth application (performed by organization admin)
Login as an organization admin user to the GitHub Enterprise instance. The account must be an organization admin of the GitHub organization (able to access the organiztion Settings page):
Go to "Developer settings > OAuth Apps" from the sidebar, then click "New application" button.
Fill in the form with the provided info on the Bytebase setup wizard.
- Application name: can be other names than "Bytebase", as long as the organization admin can identify this application is for "Bytebase" later
- Homepage URL: can be other URLs than "https://bytebase.com"
- Authorization callback URL: begins with the host:port where the Bytebase console is running, and followed by /oauth/callback. This is the URI GitHub uses to callback Bytebase during the OAuth flow
Click the "Register application" button after filling the info on GitHub Enterprise instance and you will see a created application, then click on "Generate a new client secret" to generate a new client secret:
Step 2.2 - Verify setup
Fill in the Application ID and Secret onto the corresponding fields on the Bytebase setup wizard:
After you click "Next", Bytebase will kick off an OAuth flow to verify the setup. If you are not currently logged on GitHub Enterprise instance. You will be prompted to login to complete the OAuth.
Step 3 - Confirm and add
When everything is setup properly, you will be informed that the setup is correct. Click "Confirm and add".
Now you have successfully added a Git provider, developers can now link their Bytebase projects with one of their owned repositories from this Git provider.