Run a Local MySQL Instance
This document describes how to run a MySQL instance locally with Docker and how to add it as an Instance for testing purpose.
Before starting, make sure you have installed Docker.
Step 1 - Start a local MySQL server in Docker
- Start Docker.
- Run the command in the terminal
Step 2 - Add the MySQL Server as an Instance
- Click Instances on the top bar.
- Click Add Instance on the instances page, and you will see Create Instance dialog box.
- Fill the fields as follows:
- Choose MySQL
- Instance Name: MySQL Docker for Test
- Environment: Test
- Host or Socket: host.docker.internal
- Port: 3306
- Username: root
- Password: testpwd1
- Click Create, and you can see the newly added instance in the table.